An effective data scientist supports some human endeavor, via the
application of automated data miners. So I explore how to support
this combination of silicon and carbon intelligence.
- "Score card", 2013 : New grants: $1.35M; three papers in IEEE TSE (as well as...
- Appointed, PC-co-chair : ICSE'15 NIER track (new ideas and emerging results),...
- Most cited paper in TSE since 2006 : My paper "Data Mining Static Code Attributes to Learn Defect...
- 3rd most cited paper in ESE since 2008 : "On the relative value of cross-company and within-company data"
- New NASA grant : Provide Support in Developing Cost estimating models for the NASA...
- My new website (and research direction) : Data Analysis Patterns in SE
- Paper accepted to ESEM'13 : with Zhimin He and Fayola Peters. "Learning from Open-Source Projects:...
- Invited to program committee : ISSRE'13
- Invited to program committee : ICSE'14 demo track
- New workshop paper: ICSE'13: Modelling+SBSE : Optimum Feature Selection in Software Product Lines: Let Your Model...
- New paper, IEEE Software : May/June 2013: Beyond Data Mining
- New journal paper, accepted to Journal of Systems and Software : Software Effort Models Should be Assessed Via Leave-One-Out Validation
- Invited talk, University College, London : Over the horizon: ML + SBSE = What?
- Full Professor : Lane Department of Computer Science, WVU, WV. I teach data mining, agents, programming languages & artificial intelligence.
- My papers are the top 50 most cited out of 54,000+ SE researchers (and ranked #7 in effort estimation).
- Two of my papers in IEEE TSE and the ESE journal are the first and third most cited papers in those jorunals since 2008.
- I have an H index of 34.
- Member, editorial boards : IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering; Automated Software Engineering; and the Empirical Software Engineering journal.
- Service : Steering committee member: IEEE ASE, DAPSE; co-PC chair: ICSE'14 NIER; PC member: MSR'14, ICSE-demos'14; ICSE-main'14, DAPSE'14, EASE'14. GTSE'14, SAM'14, and SEAA'14
- Students : Current: 4*phd + 3*masters. Completed: 5*phd + 23*masters; (only counted if I am commitee chair).
- Recent papers : journal: TSE*3, ESE*2, IST, JSST; conference: ICSE'13*3, ASE'13*2, PROMISE'13*2
- All papers : 55 journal publications, 177 others including 102 at major international conferences.
- Grants, current(2013) : NSF: $1.2M + $748K; NASA: $47K; USDA: $134K
- Grants, all : Nasa:$2,050K; National archives:$1,400K; Nsf:$2,455K; Dod.sttr:$300K; Qatar NRF:$200K; Wvu forensics:$110K; USDA: $134K ; Other: $695K TOTAL:$7,235K