An effective data scientist supports some human endeavor, via the
application of automated data miners. So I explore how to support
this combination of silicon and carbon intelligence.
- Invited to program committee : ISSRE'13
- New conference paper: MSR'13 : Better Cross Company Defect Prediction, with Fayola Peters and Andrian...
- Invited to program committee : ICSE'14 demo track
- New workshop paper: ICSE'13: Modelling+SBSE : Optimum Feature Selection in Software Product Lines: Let Your Model...
- New paper, IEEE Software : May/June 2013: Beyond Data Mining
- New journal paper, accepted to Journal of Systems and Software : Software Effort Models Should be Assessed Via Leave-One-Out Validation
- Invited talk, University College, London : Over the horizon: ML + SBSE = What?
- New TSE article, in pre-print : Balancing Privacy and Utility in Cross-Company Defect Prediction
- New TSE article, in pre-print : Active Learning and Effort Estimation: Finding the Essential Content of...
- Since 2011, 6 articles in IEEE Trans on SE : Active Learning and Effort Estimation: Finding the Essential Content of...
- New ICSE'13 conference paper : Distributed Development Considered Harmful, ICSE 2013,...
- Invite to program committee : ICSE'14.
- 2 technical briefs accepted to ICSE'13 : "Data Science for Software Engineering". With Ekrem Kocaguneli, Burak...
- Full Professor : Lane Department of Computer Science, WVU, WV. I teach data mining, agents, programming languages & artificial intelligence.
- In the most cited SE papers since 2007, my work appears #11 in all of SE and #7 in effort estimation.
- I'm ranked in the top 50 of international SE community (amongst 54,000+ researchers) since 2007.
- I have G and H indexes of 33 and 22.
- Member, editorial boards : IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering; Automated Software Engineering; Empirical Software Engineering; Journal of Visual Languages & Computing.
- Program committees : Steering committee member: Ase'13, Raise'13. PC member: Ase'13; Cmsbse'13; Dapse'13; Esem'13; Gtse'13 Icse'13-demos; Icse'14; Promise'13; Raise'13.
- Students : Current: 4*phd + 3*masters. Completed: 5*phd + 22*masters; (only counted if I am commitee chair).
- Recent papers : journal: JSS, IST, TSE*3; conference: ICSE'13*3, PROMISE'12, ICSE'12, PKAW'12
- All papers : 53 journal publications, 188 others including 97 at major international conferences.
- Grants, current(2010) : Nsf: $500K + $20K; Qatar NRF: $200K; NIH: $30K.
- Grants, all : Nasa:$2,000K; National archives:$1,400K; Nsf:$860K; Dod.sttr:$300K; Qatar NRF:$200K; Wvu forensics:$110K; TOTAL:$5,021K